How to apply for MAM Racing License in Malaysia
Motorsports Association of Malaysia (MAM) announced that the International Federation of Motorsports (FIA)- the world’s governing bodies for motorsports for 4 wheels – has given their recognition for MAM to as the sanctioning body of Malaysia’s motorsports activities and events.
As such, those intending to compete in motor racing activities in the country;
and for events sanctioned by the FIA to apply for your competition license with us to ensure your eligibility to compete and for your rights as a competitor are legally protected.
As they are currently in a transition period in taking over the functions previously held the Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM),
those already holding competition license issued by AAM can continue to use these competition licenses until the end of this year; or until expiry of your licenses – which ever are earlier.
However, to participate in international events, participants are required to contact MAM directly.
For 2-wheels it remains at status quo.
To apply for the competition license under MAM, you will require the following documents:
1. Photocopy NRIC
2. 1 copy of your photo (passport size)
3. Completed medical report a medical examination form. (This document can be downloaded from MAM website and is to be filled by the doctor/clinic/hospital of any clinics or hospitals)
4. Completed license application form (This document can be downloaded from MAM website)
5. Applicants below 18 years old are required to have get their guardian’s signature at parent/guardian consent section in the form
6. License fee category (C) RM 247.00
note: for AAM existing licence holder, they can still continue using the licence with the consent from MAM. However, AAM license holder is MUST submit their current AAM license to MAM via email.
A simple step-by-step process will be as follows:
1. Fill up the application form and medical report
2. Payment slip – MAM account details
Name: Motorsports Association of Malaysia
Account Number: 512352604088
(Applicants MUST scan and send by email the complete documents (application form, medical, photo, photocopy IC and payment slip)
to email@example.com and handover the hard copy during the day of the respective events).
- Motorsports Association of Malaysia(MAM)
1st floor, Paddock Office,
Sepang International Circuit,
Jalan pekeliling, 64000 KLIA
- 03 8778 2280
- 03 8783 1000