Wanita Hari Ini TV3, live talk show aired at 12pm from Monday to Friday.
Today I was invited as one of the guest along with Narimah Samat a 4×4 offroad female driver.
Our topic of the talkshow today was about lady drivers and male drivers. It was an interesting topic that will go on an on forever.
I tend to drive very safely on the roads as the road is a public space and everyone is using it, so it is best to be courteous on the road. On the track, it’s a different ball game! Once I wear my helmet, I’m a totally different person (little devil horns grow). Anyhow.. actually it doesn’t matter lady or men who is a better driver. My presence today is to show that there ARE good lady drivers out there and I need to be a good role model so I am very cautious on the roads and always be humble 🙂
Here are 14 tips for driving safely on the road
- Always signal before you turn or change lanes
- Never go above the speed limit
- Stop on red light
- Look as far ahead as your eyes can see not see whats in front of your bonnet
- Frequently on your tires ( pressure, tread, brake pad worn out yet?)
- Always wear your safety belt no matter how short the distance is
- Avoid using the phone while driving ( texting , social networking)
- Don’t tailgate other cars
- Don’t drink and drive
- Plan ahead, be there earlier, so that you don’t have to rush to a place like a mad person
- Don’t suddenly U-turn whenever you feel like it, There are motorbikes that might not know it
- Don’t suddenly stop on the road when you see something interesting
- You should also take up defensive driving skills at any driving school that as it is proven it helps to prevent accidents
- It’s also helpful to keep some spare drinks and snacks in your car in case you get stuck in a traffic jam.A hungry man is an angry man and you will tend to be more aggressive when you are angry.
Hope you can follow this tips and learn to be a better driver! 🙂