Let’s send beautiful Leona Chin to Japan to participate a car race in November! She needs your help!
I am a motorsports athlete aka race car driver, funding is always a problem for me. My Journey from Malaysia to Japan for an Endurance Race for one round costs $10,000. I am looking for your help to afford our teams flight tickets, flight transfers, accommodation, videographer fees, race tires, race entry fees, race car’s petrol, race car’s rental.
Leona Chin Malaysia’s Motorsport Athlete
My name is Leona Chin. I am Malaysia’s Female Motorsport Athlete representing Malaysia to race internationally in motor sport events all around the world. Motor sports comes in many categories, the motor sport in which I’m going to participate in Japan is an Endurance Race.
Endurance Racing is a form of motorsport, teams of multiple drivers attempt to cover a large distance in a single event, with given breaks to change drivers during the race. Requiring singular focus, incredible stamina, steely nerves, a dedicated team, and money to complete the race.
Tokachi International Speedway is the only full-fledge International Racing Track in Hokkaido. It’s important that I take hold of this lifetime opportunity because it’s the first step for me to enter into Japan’s motoring scene. The Honda Integra Dc5 is one of my idolized dream race cars since I was 16 years old.
For the past 8 years, I have been invited to join many other races abroad (i.e Hungary, Australia, Europe etc.) but due to lack of funds, I missed out on my chances to join countless of times but I never given up hope and focus on races that were within my budget. Also, because this invitation is so sudden and last minute, it wasn’t in the motorsports programme budget for my current sponsors in Malaysia. That is why I decided to ask for crowdfunding to bring this dream to life.
Getting an invitation from Japan is like a dream for me. I have never been to Japan nor gotten invited to race before but I have studied the Japanese Language when I was younger to be able to communicate with my Japanese Race Idols if they ever came to Malaysia.
During my recent trip to China, I was self-funded as I had the honor to be invited by China Guangdong TV station to appear on a motoring TV show. It was a lifetime opportunity to enter in China’s motoring scene but it has caused me to use up a massive sum of my hard earn money to cover costs that weren’t included in the invitation like cost of transporting the car, flight transfers, visas and my off-show days.
But I believe this year is “THE” year for me and with that being said I have been inspired by these quotes from a close relative of mine. “If you want something in your life you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done” JD Houston. “There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and another is called tomorrow. Today is the right day to Love, Believe, Do and Mostly Live.” Dalai Lama XIV.
Thus, I am taking this step to reach out to crowdfunding to fundraise my race to Japan. Your involvement and support as being part of this team is to help me to share and to help me with my mission to go to Japan to race.
What We Need & What You Get
- The targeted amount for funding I need is $10,000. All the donations will be used to cover the cost of racing through funding my team of 4 people flight tickets, flight transfers, accommodation, videographer fees, race tires, race entry fees, race car’s petrol, race car’s rental.
- If I am blessed to receive donations in excess of my endurance race costs then they will be used to cover the upcoming rally race as well.
- Be the first to proudly wear Leona Chin’s Race to Japan team attire. T-Shirts are available and are stylish, comfortable, and unique. They make a cool gift as well.
- Signed pictures: I’ll personally sign it for you
- A Personalized tweet on FB post or Instagram
- A Personalized Thank you video with your brand logo
- Become a supporter and have the satisfaction knowing you’ve contributed towards my Race to Japan. In return you will get behind the scenes updates
The Impacts of a successful campaign
The impacts of a successful campaign and of raising the profile of Malaysia’s Female Motorsport Athlete will go far beyond relieving the financial pressures of my race. The success of a Malaysia’s Female Motorsport Athlete will stimulate more investment in, and generate more attention for similar endeavors. This will further inspire other Malaysian female youth to pursue athletic excellence.
Of course your support will help defray the significant costs as well; Motorsports is expensive. Travel, race machine, tires, petrol, hospitality, food, training, everything costs money. From choosing flights to scheduling training, the expenses of my race have been a limiting factor and going forward will present a challenge to what I would like to achieve. Every bit of support, every dollar, helps relieve that pressure.
Risks & Challenges
- Time is running out as the event is happening on 1st Nov 2015. My plan to fly to Japan with my team will be on 28th October. Getting an invitation from Japan is like a dream come true for me. I have never been to Japan but I have studied the Japanese Language and I believe that this help in overcoming a language barrier.
As Tokachi Speedway is a new track for me, but I am absolutely committed to put in effort to memorize the track and study the track by watching youtube videos and train my stamina through vigorous workout at the gym.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Support comes in many different forms–here are some other ways you can be a part of the journey:
- 1. Spread the word–let others know about what the fundraising is about and why you are trying to spread the word. Share this campaign, my website (leonachin.com), or the facebook page (www.leona.my)
- 2. Follow the journey and learn more about endurance racing through my twitter @leonachin
- 3. Just send some encouragement–being a small-nation’s athlete can be a trying experience. Letters of encouragement are always welcome. Write to me on my email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4. Get in touch with Malaysia’s Motor sports through Wheelspin Malaysia Motorsport Facebook Group.
- 5. Use the Indiegogo share tools on the left hand side of the page.
Shipping Cost Vs Poor Ringgit Malaysia
For most of my campaign tiers, you will see the need for shipping cost to be added in. This is because my team and I reside in Malaysia and the cost to ship international is too high for us to absorb internally. In order to combat costs, I will need each backer’s support to pay for shipping.
Every dollar helps to bring this campaign to life.
And that’s all there is to it.
$25USD + ShippingFeaturedSuper Supporter
You will have satisfaction knowing you’ve contributed towards Leona’s Journey to Race in Japan. In return you will get behind the scenes updates. A Super Supporter will receive a Facebook Thank you Shout out. A Super limited edition Signed by Leona Chin T-shirt. A Super Lovely photo autographed by Leona Chin.7 out of 400 claimed
Estimated delivery: December 2015Ships Worldwide
You will have satisfaction knowing you’ve contributed towards Leona’s Journey to Race in Japan. In return you will get behind the scenes updates.1 claimed
$10USDPersonalized Post on Facebook
You will have satisfaction knowing you’ve contributed towards Leona’s Journey to Race in Japan. In return you will get behind the scenes updates. Received a personalized Thank you picture post on Facebook by Leona Chin3 claimed
$70USD + ShippingSuperTerror Supporter
You will have satisfaction knowing you’ve contributed towards Leona’s Journey to Race in Japan. In return you will get behind the scenes updates. A SuperTerror Supporter will receive a Facebook Thank you Shout out. A Super limited edition Signed by Leona Chin T-shirt. A Super Lovely photo autographed by Leona Chin. 2 pieces of Kuraz Motorsports Sticker. A Super Limited edition cap by Leona Chin0 out of 142 claimed
Estimated delivery: December 2015Ships Worldwide
$500USD + ShippingSuperDuperTerror Supporter
SuperDuperTerror Supporter You will have satisfaction knowing you’ve contributed towards Leona’s Journey to Race in Japan. In return you will get behind the scenes updates. A SuperDuperTerror Supporter will receive a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and blog Thank you Shout out with your brand name A Super limited edition Signed by Leona Chin T-shirt. A Super Lovely photo autographed by Leona Chin. 2 pieces of Kuraz Motorsports Sticker. A Super Limited edition cap by Leona Chin1 out of 50 claimed
Estimated delivery: January 2016Ships Worldwide
$1,000USD + ShippingUltimate supporter
Fan meet and greet day session with Leona Chin (flight and accommodation is not included) + Photography and autograph session + (SuperDuperTerror Supporter’s perks)0 out of 10 claimedShips Worldwide